Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Have you done some social grooming lately?

Social grooming, anyone?
Who knew? It turns out there's more to my guide Toronto Urban Strolls... for girlfriends then a mere reference book to walks around Toronto. It is the perfect tool to fulfill a primal human need vastly neglected lately: the need for bonding.

Thanks to Twitter, I came across a few articles from a great website called Babble (for a new generation of parents). One of them, titled A Different Kind of Playdate, Why adults-ony time is good for the whole family, really appealed to me.


I wrote my latest guide because I saw how most of us dream of long holidays and fancy vacations as if they were the only answer to recharge our batteries. Sometimes, all we need is a little adult timeout with our friends, a couple of hours for a walk and $20 for coffee and a treat in a cute café.
(Phone photo of me with my oldest friend, more than 40 years after we first met...)




No comments:

Post a Comment