Saturday, January 12, 2013

(Jan. 12) About research The making of Toronto Urban Strolls 2

About research
Research certainly is a fun part of doing a guide. So many excuses to go out with the girlfriends. 



Yesterday, I called two of them last minute, for a 4 p.m. drink at a very cool place I visited this fall, with the funniest name: No on writes to the Colonel (460 College Street). As it turns out, it's the title of a small novel by Gabriel Garcia Marquez (El coronel no tiene quien le escriba).


It used to be opened from 10 a.m., as I noticed during the fall, and as still mentioned on their FB page, but we hit a closed door. (They now open from 5:30 p.m.)

My friends being the flexible gals they are, to kill the time, we went to Sneaky Dee's for a beer and some nachos (431 College). Totally funky place. Want to feel like a bad girl? Brink your permanent marker to leave a clever quote on the walls, pretty much anywhere...

The mojito (well... mojitos) were delicious at No One writes to the Colonel!

Back to work
Today, I'm writing my Harbord Village Dolce Vita Stroll, in which both places are included. Once again, as I sift through my photos, I fall in love with Toronto's neighbourhoods.


Related blogs about:









No comments:

Post a Comment